General description of the game
Baccarat is a gambling card game fromFrance (although this fact is disputed by some historians). It uses a table with special markings and eight decks of fifty-two cards. They are distributed from a special device called "sabot". In the most widely distributed American version of the game (based on which we will consider the rules in this article) can participate up to fourteen players and three dealers simultaneously.
This is a simple and fast game, in whichparticipants only need to bet. No further decisions before the announcement of the distribution results from them is required, because everything happens automatically and strictly according to the established rules.
Purpose of the game
The goal of the game is also simple - to guess who will win: dealer or player. To do this, you must bet on winning one of them or for a draw.
Combinations and dignity of cards
The highest combination in baccarat, called"Natural", form two cards, the total worth of which is equal to nine points. The same name has a combination of two cards, the sum of which is eight.
The advantage of cards from two to nine is equal to theirface value, an ace gives one point, the rest of the player's points cards do not bring. If the player has more than nine points, ten of them are deducted. In other words, the amount of points on the hands will always be from zero to nine, and bust is excluded.
In baccarat there are three types of bets, for each of which there is a special field on the gaming table:
- The player (punto) is the bet on what the player wins. Paid in the ratio 1: 1.
- The dealer (banko) is the bet on what the dealer wins. Paid in the ratio of 19:20 (in other words, 1: 1 with the deduction of the commission of 5%).
- Draw is the bet that the dealer and the player will have the same number of points on their hands. Paid in the ratio of 8: 1 (in some casinos 9: 1).
Course of the game
Before the beginning of each hand, the player must dobet within the minimum and maximum set for this table. After that the dealer distributes two cards to him and himself. If a player receives a natural combination (eight or nine points on two cards) from the hand, then it is compared to the dealer's cards, and the winner is determined. If the player has less than six points, he is dealt a third card.
After that, the dealer purchases cards strictly according to the following rules, which are largely determined by the purchased card of the player:
- If the player did not take the third card, the dealer also does not take it if he has six or more points.
- If he has two or fewer points, he takes the card.
- If he has three points, he takes the card in the event that the player does not receive a figure-eight.
- If he has four points, he takes the card if the player does not receive a card equal to zero, one, eight or nine points.
- If he has five points, he takes the card in the event that the player does not receive a card equal to four, five, six or seven points.
- If he has six points, he takes the card in the event that the player has not received a card equal to six or seven points.
- If the dealer has seven points, he does not buy the card.
After that the hands of the dealer are compared andplayer. The one who has more points wins in the game. If their sum is equal, a draw is declared. Next, the dealer makes payments, if any, collects the cards, and the game continues.
Varieties of the game
The rules described above refer to the American version of the game, but there are several other versions of baccarat that will be discussed in detail in separate articles on the portal.
All of them are united by the goal of the game, which is to get nine points or close to nine sums. Otherwise, the discrepancy in the rules may concern a variety of items, such as:
- The number of participating decks (from one to eight),
- the number of simultaneously playing participants,
- rules of distribution of cards,
- rules for the purchase of cards (the dealer can buy a third card according to different rules, depending on the type of game);
- payments (their order and size may also vary depending on the variety of baccarat),
- the role of the dealer (it can be permanent, as in a casino, or this role can alternately be assumed by all players),
- bank and betting (the range is set in the casinorates that are paid by the institution; if the game is played directly between the participants, the bank is formed using their rates, and the winner takes it).
- equipment (marking gaming tables in different types of game is different).
These are not all possible differences, but the rest of them are not so significant, in order to dwell on them in detail.
Chances and strategy of the game
In baccarat in the casino, as in any other game,The percentage of gambling house advantage is laid. That is, playing for a long time, you will win and lose, but on a long stretch you can not win. Moreover, in this game everything depends solely on the will of the case. Affect the course of the game the visitor can not, because all decisions are made automatically. The method of counting cards, similar to similar techniques for blackjack, which some players try to use in baccarat, is inefficient, and this has been proved by Edward Thorpe.
On the basis of mathematical calculations, we can state the following:
- the bet on the player is more profitable than the bet on the banker, so it is recommended to do it;
- the draw on the draw is extremely unprofitable, so it should be avoided in all situations, even if the payout is set at a ratio of 9: 1;
- The fewer decks involved in the game, the more profitable for the players (although this figure is very small).
Therefore, if you play baccarat in a casino, you must always bet on the player's victory. So you will have more chances to win.